Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ashton


My little baby is 2 years old! Where has the time gone?! It seems like yesterday that I would rock him into the wee hours of the night and just pray he would stay asleep and not cry. I remember he would cry for no reason and I'd cry because he was crying and I didn't know how to 'fix' him. Now look at him, yes he cries and is doing a great job of throwing temper tantrums at least a few times a day, but he sure is growing into quite an independent, loving little boy.

Now here we are celebrating his 2 year!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Ashton can now
~ Run faster than I can....remember that I am 8 months pregnant at this point:-)
~Still is not talking much, but picking up new words everyday. So far, he says, mommy, dad, dog, ball, at-c (for cat), beep-beep for when he seems a big truck, wheel, bubble, balloon, board (surf), and a few others that slip my mind. We are starting speech therapy soon.
~His favorite movie is Toy Story (all three of them).
~Loves to play t-ball and can actually hit the ball pretty far.
~Is learning to swim. We found it much easier to teach him in the pool as opposed to the ocean. We try to hit the community pool at least once a week now.
~Loves his trucks... the kid has over 30 different types of trucks.
~Was interested in the potty a month or so ago...as of today...not so much.
~Is still snuggling with Mommy when he goes to sleep. We read and I stay with him until he is asleep......in our bed.
~Ashton is a bit rough at times, but will kiss where ever it was he hurt you in a second and gives a hug.
~Is very loving..he'll kiss and hug anyone.
~Loves to play outside with water. He loves, loves a hose.
~Can point to anything you ask him to in a book
~Ashton will jump off of anything...the kid is scaring me!
~Throw a ball overhand...and far.
~Is wearing 18 month bottoms and 18-24 month old shirts, size 7 shoe and size 5 diapers.
~Usually takes a 3 hour name from noon - 3pm
~Bedtime is 8:00 pm and he will usually wake around 6:00 am or when he notices that I am not longer in bed with him.
~My favorite...is still such a mama's boy:)

Ashton's stats from his 2 year well baby:
Height: 2'11.3" (81.18 percentile)
Weight: 28.8 lbs (60.52 percentile)
HC: 19.69' (84.73 percentile)

If we're still believing these percentiles, Ashton should be over 6 feet! We'll see!

Ashton, mommy loves you more than you will ever know. Trust me! You make my world complete and I can't image a day without you. I wish there were more hours in the day for us to play and snuggle. I love you more than words!

You make me so proud and I know you'll be an amazing big brother!

Happy 2nd Birthday, my sweet, sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment