Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Week 27! (3rd Trimester)

Your baby is as hefty as a head of cauliflower, weighing in at almost 2 pounds. (Length: about 14 1/2 inches.)This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

How far along? 27 weeks and 2 days
Maternity clothes? Hum..the dress in this week’s picture is not maternity.
Stretch marks? Nope, please stay this way!
Sleep: sleep is good but it is starting to get a little uncomfortable and I wake up more often that I did.
Best moment this week: We finally decided on a crib and bought it! We also started childbirth classes.
Movement: I feel the most movement during the morning and when it's time for bed. I love to see little baby Winter moving around in there. It is so amazing.
Food cravings: Nothing this week.
Gender: Not sure.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Still an innie
What I miss: Nothing except the sleep thing. Just when I get comfortable I have to pee.
What I am looking forward to: Receiving our car seat in the mail. My mom is awesome!!
Weekly Wisdom: To enjoy the time with your husband before baby comes:-)

First, I can't believe that we have entered the third and last trimester! It seems like yesterday when we found out!!

We started our Childbirth classes last Wed. They will last for another four weeks. We've been getting advice from family/friends that everything you learn in childbirth class goes out the window when you're actually in labor. That may be the case, but it's nice to just go to the classes to learn and spend time with Adam. Most of the stuff in the class I have read in books, but it's nice to see Adam so interested. I love when he tells me to do my daily "kegal" exercise!! I really don't think he knows what they are:-)

Here are a few pictures of Adam putting together the crib late Sunday night:



Week 27 and 2 day picture .....i look huge today!! In person I promise my "bump" is not that big. Must be the angle since taking pictures alone is not easy...which is why my head is also cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment