Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

Bon Festival

One of the many reason we love living in Hawaii is the culture. Since we've been hermit crabs the past 9 months, we finally are trying to get out and do more as a family. So when Adam noticed that there was a Bon Festival not to far from out house, we figured we'd check it out.

It was fun. I actually ran into a co-worker who participates in the festival as a singer.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I understand the Bon Festival is a Japanese Buddhist festival full of music and dancing to honor the deceased, yummy food and crafts. Click here if you'd like to know more. (correct me if I am wrong)

Here are a few photos. Adam loved the sound of the drum and watching all that danced.











No comments:

Post a Comment