Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sick Mommy & Ashton

Boy have we been sick! Ashton woke up on Thursday morning around 3:30 am and vomited. This lasted on and off for the next several hours, then the fever kicked in and he still has it.

I woke up on Saturday morning at 3:30 am and vomited which also lasted for several hours.

Since I was feeling really weak and couldn't keep anything down we decided we needed to head to the ER, not only for me and the baby but for Ashton as well. He was still not eating or drinking well. While I was admitted to L&D, Adam took Ashton to the ER to have some test run to see if he needed any fluids. They took his temp (102.1), stool sample and some urine. As for me, I was having contractions, a slight fever and was really dehydrated. After 2 busted veins, I was given 2 bags on fluid, a shot to help with my nausea and observed for several hours. After the fluids and shot, I felt much better!!! I asked to be discharged so that I could get some rest in my own bed.

The Dr. called last night with Ashton's test results and said his urine showed he was slightly dehydrated and if he didn't drink more in the next few hours or the next day, that he would need to have some fluids. Ashton seems to be in better spirits today but still sluggish, but I think he'll be okay. He is my strong little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment