Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ashton Fun Facts

I have been meaning to put together a list of things Ashton says or does for quite some time now. He has been working with this speech therapist and she has given me some great tips to get Ashton mouth moving! In case I didn't mention this before, it seems his facial muscles are quite weak, thus the issues we are running into with him speaking. We have all sorts of fun games to play and yummy foods to eat that will help strength them.

Let's hope I can remember it all...I may have to come back and edit this list quite often.

Words that I find quite cute:

~Dump Truck (dup gur)- He has a really hard time with the 'tr' of words. If he says, "gur" to you and you don't get it, watch out..he is so mad that you don't know what he is saying.
~my bubba and my baby - his nicknames for Christian
~oh mommy, oh mommy -- uses this when he sees something he wants (i.e. a dump truck toy at the store).
~BYE, BYE - he says this sooo loud to anyone that we are leaving. It is so funny and sweet.


Funny stuff and not so funny:
~wipes my kisses away (sad face). He got this from me. Adam loves to kiss me after he is all sweaty and I always (kidding) say, "eww" and wipe away his kiss - Ashton now does this:(
~runs away from me and I can't stand it. I know it's normal toddler behaviour but I am going to have a heart attack one of these days. I love how he always turns around and smiles and laughs while he is running.
~ says, "no mommy" while waiving his finger back and forth at me
~ "Bubba eat" - he knows that when Christan starts to cry, it's time for him to eat. Funny how quickly kids catch on to these types of things.
~Holds Christians hand in the car whenever he does start to cry. I love to look in the rear view to see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment