Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sick baby:(

We've had an interesting past few days. On Friday, I picked Chrisitan up from daycare and he seemed a bit warm...on the back of his head. I know this sounds weird, but he wasn't warm on his forehead or his temple which is where Ashton usually is warm if he's running a fever. Since he felt warm, I decided to check is temperature. Sure enough, it was 101. I normally wouldn't be worried but since he had been coughing and had a slight running nose, I figured calling the after hours clinic wouldn't hurt. They told me to come in.

Since Adam is working nights at the Willows, I strapped both boys in their car seats and prayed for the best. We made it to the hospital and then Adam called to tell me he was getting off early. Thank goodness!! Adam came to pick up Ashton and I stayed with Christian.

The pediatrician on call was AMAZING! She ordered way too many tests (flu and RSV) along with a chest x-ray since he was making funny noises when he was sleeping in my arms. The nose swabs for the flu and RSV tests were fine. Then came the x-ray. Let's just say that I've never had this feeling before with my kids. I can handle shots and vomit and tears, but this x-ray chest immobilisation device; I could not handle. I was in tears while Christian was screaming . I know that things could have been way worse and I am thankful all he ended up having was an upper respiratory infection. But, this was the hardest experience that I've endured while being a parent. I hope we never have to do that....ever again! Here is a photo of the device if you'd like to see. I don't think it hurt him, but is was cold, he was sick, tired and of course, scared.

I am one lucky mama. This sick little guy never complains and is always smiling. Daphne, his daycare provider, did mention he had bit a tad more fussy than usual. That should have cued me on Thursday. Now I know Christian runs his fevers on the back of his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment