Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

Week 34


How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

How far along? 34 weeks
Maternity clothes? Of course:0)
Stretch marks? Nope, please stay this way!
Sleep: It's the same as last week except I can't get to sleep. Last night I was up until 11:30 pm!! Hello, most of you know that I am in bed, fast asleep by 8:00 pm most evenings.
Best moment this week: Getting maternity pictures take. My famous wedding photographer, Frank who was originally suppose to take the photos, had a death in the family so in less than a week I needed to find someone fast!! I didn't want to spend a whole lot of $$ so I found a lovely lady on craigslist.org who was really cheap. I don't have the finished product yet, but I am interested to see how they turned out. Let's just say her style is different from what I am used to. You may or may not be seeing these pictures:-)
Movement: I feel lots of jabs, but am still loving every second of it.
Food cravings: Anything cold and homemade lemonade! I found this recipe and it is amazing. It's a little too tangy for me so I do poor half water/half lemonade and it's perfect. I am sure the sugar is not so great for me, but hey...I already feel and look like a beached whale..what's a few more lbs?!?!
Gender: Not sure.
Labor Signs: Nope I used to feel something going on while I was around 17 - 25 weeks but, I don't even think I am feeling those famous braxton hicks anymore.
Belly Button in or out? Depending on where the baby is situated in my belly depends if my belly button is an innie or outie.
What I miss: Bending over and not feeling like I am 100 years old when I go to get out of bed or stand up from the seated position. Adam had a good laugh at me trying to get up from the floor the other day!! My hands are still sore, but I learned that I have pregnancy induced carpel tunnel. It is crazy to think that I am unable to make a fist due to the swelling!! Oh and my little toe still look like sausages and my ankles are now kankles:-(
What I am looking forward to: Meeting Baby Winter to find out if he/she is a boy or a girl.
Weekly Wisdom: still…….Drink water even if you're not thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment