Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Back to the Dr's and my first day back to work...

Ugh....what a day for all of us. Yesterday was my first day back to work. I wanted to extend my maternity leave but my company needed me to go back for at least one day to reactive my employment status. I lasted a few hours since Ashton was so sick; I was home at noon.

Poor Adam. Of all days that he had to take Ashton by himself. First of all, Ashton still won't take a bottle. Second, Ashton is so sick. He has a cold that sounds terrible. He was wheezing and coughing a ton. We had decided on Thursday night that if Ashton didn't sound any better in the morning that we were going to call the Dr's office for him to be seen again.

I cried the entire morning while getting dressed, on the way to work and once I found out how much Ashton had cried while I was away. Adam is such a trooper and is the most patience, in control man I know. The Dr. called today to check on Ashton since he needed to use a breathing machine with some medicine to help him loosen up his chest. The Dr. told me Adam was awesome yesterday for all that he was dealing with. A screaming baby who is hungry, sick and wants his mommy. Adam said he cried the entire time he was in the waiting room and that everyone was coming out of their offices to see why there was a screaming baby and why it would not be quite. Adam said he just kept shushing Ashton and trying to console him. Nothing worked. It breaks my heart to hear Ashton cry for a second, let alone for over two hours straight. Poor little guy. Even the nurse felt so bad that she offered to keep Ashton in her office and watch him while Adam ran down to the pharmacy to fill Ashton's prescription. I can't say I've ever heard of that before!!

Ashton is feeling a little better today. He does the breathing machine every four hours and has been sleeping in his little lamb swing since he needs to be upright. I slept on the couch next to him in the swing last night. I didn't get much sleep since I don't feel that he is really safe in the swing without a watchful eye on him. I think tonight I am going to bring the swing in the bedroom and put it beside me. Easier than sleeping on the lumpy couch.

So, I officially go back to work on Thursday. My mom will be here on Tuesday. She is going to be Ashton sitter until we head back to MD for the holidays. I can't wait for her to see how much Ashton has grown in the little time she has been gone. I so dread finding someone to watch Ashton. Why can't we be rich so I can stay home with him?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment