Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sick Baby....

Yes, Ashton has a cold. I called into the nurse hot line yesterday morning because Ashton was really congested the night before and it made me really nervous. The nurse thought it was a good idea for us to come in for a visit since Ashton is only 2 months.

The Dr. said it was a cold and to use the suction syringe that was given to use at the hospital as well as some saline drops. I could keep Ashton some what entertained when I am using the suction before, but I think since he has so much snot and it is thick, he is starting to scream while using it. I hate to see him so upset. He has also been sleeping a ton, is super fussy and wants to be held all the time. The good news is he is up another pound to 16.2!

Speaking of being held all the time, I am fine with it since I have to go back to work on Friday. Not only am I sad to leave Ashton and miss all those important milestones in his development, but I am so nervous about him not taking the bottle. We have tried all sorts of nipples, bottles, positions and this boy only wants his milk from the tap. Some people have said, "don't worry, he'll eventually take it if he's hungry." Well folks, my research (and a good friends input) has proved that is not the case. He can boycott the bottle and starve himself until I get home. What will I do if that happens? My fingers are crossed that it will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment