Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm going crunchy...well sort of

We invested in some cloth diapers. No, not the ones that my mom used when I was born:-) Cloth diapers have come a long I really want to save some money in this department and since we plan on having more babies (if we are so blessed) this could be a real cost saving area. I don't plan on doing this full time but I'd like to at least cloth diaper when we are home.

I purchase a dozen preflolds along with a few diaper covers to get started the old fashioned way. I do have some all-in-ones (just like disposable but instead of tossing in the trash, you toss in a wet bag to be laundered) as well.

Based on the past two days or using these prefolds, I can say, they are not that bad. Yes, I have to change Ashton more since I feel the wetness is cold on his parts, it takes a tad longer to change the diaper and I will now have to do laundry more often, but it will help save a few bucks, help the environment and is better for Ashton's bottom. What makes the prefolds somewhat difficult is my boys thighs! He has super skinny waist with big chunky thighs, so the prefolds don't fit so well. He is also getting red marks on his legs from the diaper cover.

The all-in-ones finally arrived and I stripped them (washing and drying 6 times) and strapped one on Ashton. They are super cute!! I am having the same problem....tight around the thighs. I bought several different brands so hopefully we will find one that fits him good. I am afraid to invest too much money in one brand because I know Ashton will slim out and the diaper fit will change. So for the time being, we are going to alternate with the cloth diapers and the Pamper disposables.

Here are a few pictures to enjoy of the little fluffy butt:-)





No comments:

Post a Comment