Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We have a BIG BOY!!

I'd like to think I have been a pretty laid back mommy so far with Ashton. Yes, when I cries I run to pick him up (we are trying out the attachment parenting...from what I read, the baby is more outgoing, independent, etc.) but there seemed to be something going on with Ashton's breathing the past few weeks so I called and made an appointment with his Dr.

Long story short, Ashton's breathing is fine (he sounded as if he was gasping for air when he was falling asleep). His oxygen levels were 100% and his breathing and heart rate were wonderful....but his weight...his weight is crazy!! 14.2lbs!! He is only 7 weeks 3 days. Ashton is in the 98 percentile for weight..that means that only 2% of other babies with his age are heavier than he is. Dr. B said I had some high calorie breast milk..no wonder Ashton has no problem eating.

So, I have a big boy on my hands. No wonder my shoulder was staring to hurt:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment