Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 23, 2009

2 month well baby check-up

I can't believe our little man weighed in at 15.2lbs and 26 inches long!! He is in the 98th for height 100th percentile for weight. I was beginning to worry when I saw the numbers but the Doc reassured me that it will level out. I just have really high calorie breast milk (I wonder if it's because I have been have seconds the entire time..just kidding). I am having a hard time with clothing..the boy can't even fit into 6 months..we have been moving up to 9 months!!

At Ashton's 2 month well baby check up, he receive his first shot of DTaP and a dose of Rotavirus. We are doing an alternative vaccine schedule so that he doesn't get too many vaccines at once. It looks like he will need an additional 6 shots since a few of the recommended ones are put into one. I am okay with this since Ashton was a champ during this past visit. He screamed bloody murder for about 5 seconds, which turned into a whimper then he was fine.


Speaking of weight. I am officially on a "life style change" as I like to call it...AKA Weight Watchers:-) I joined WW before the wedding when I wanted to shed a few pounds and it's not bad. I figured since I still need to loose a little weight, it worked before and I need to get back into my healthy eating routine, that it was a good time to start. What makes it so nice is that when my "points" are calculated, it takes into consideration that i am breastfeeding and that I need extra calories to keep Ashton happy.


Speaking of Ashton, he is sound asleep. He is such a hard one when it comes time for bed. He likes to fight me (literally, I get punched in the boob!) and whimper. He likes to switch from breast to breast then shoulder to breast and so on. I can only hope it gets better as time goes on. He did sleep though the night once (5 hours is considered sleeping though the night per Doc). I knew it was a fluke when he work up 2 hours after going down the following night. I can't complain too much since we co-sleep, so I don't really have to get out of bed anymore to nurse him. We both wake up much happier ( to all of you reading this and shaking your heads..it's okay..it's my kid..LOL!) and that is all I could ask for when he is smiling at me at 5:30 am (the time Ashton gets up in the morning).


My mom is coming out again..yay!! Our plan for a nanny is still up in the air. Our friends mom who will hopefully be the nanny is having some personal issues. So, instead of rushing to find a sitter, we asked my mom and she more than agreed. She is flying in Nov. 10 - Dec 15. Also, Dec. 15 happens to be the day we will be flying to MD. It will work out perfectly to have her fly home with us to help with Ashton and all the stuff we will need to bring.


Here are a few photos of my precious little boy (Yes, I am THAT mom who takes pictures of everything..after all Lisa Phillips is my mother:-))


Ashton and Daddy:




Ashton giving me a nice smile






Tummy Time!! Which he hates!

No comments:

Post a Comment