Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

1 year check up...

a few weeks late, but who's counting?

Here are the stats as of 9/10/10

Weight: 22lbs 14.7 oz (44%)
Height: 2'7 3/4" (90%)
HC: 19" (90%)

We didn't see Ashton's regular doctor, but we ended up seeing the same nurse practitioner who we saw for Ashton's 2 day check in. She said she remembered us:-)

Ashton was all over the place but she said that it was a good sign. He was pointing to everything and she was pleased to see Ashton as curious as he was. I brought up him still not sleeping thought the night and she put me at ease. She breastfeed all her kids and just said that he was a breastfeed kid and it won't last forever. She never mentioned that I needed to wean him or let him cry it out....it was nice to hear. I mentioned my worry with him not eating enough and she said it's pretty normal. His weight was good so there was no need to worry. All in all it was a good visit and not as bad as I had thought it would be since we didn't see his regular doctor.

Now onto the shot portion...I have been doing an alternative vaccine schedule with Ashton (this is where Ashton's regular doctor comes in handy) so we went though with what shots we were schedule for. Since they no longer break up the MMR vaccine, I had to make a choice to get it now or wait. I decided to go ahead and get it...not because I wanted to but because it was the next on their schedule, daycare needed himn to have it and I didn't have my regular doctor to give me the pros/cons. I feel like I didn't do enough research to take note the vaccine was no longer broken down into 3 separate ones. Ashton also got the chickenpox vaccine (which I totally wanted to to wait on as well) and a TB test. Adam is taking him in tomorrow morning for the results.

At our last visit Ashton had blood draw to check his lead levels and his iron levels. His last test showed that his red blood cells were small which could be one of two things: he was iron deficient or he was anemic. I've tried to beef him up with iron, but today my mom tells me that my father was anemic growing up and had a really hard time with it (B12 shots, really sick all the time, etc.) until he was around 11. I wonder if it's hereditary? It was awful to watch him get all those shots then have to get blood drawn. He was SCREAMING at the top of his lungs. As sad as it made me I just wanted it over. He still pulls his arm away when I hold it a certain way, like I am going to try and stick him with a needle..poor guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment